Weddings can be emotional events at the best of times, let alone trying to organise one in the middle of an international pandemic.
Spare a thought for our “postponed wedding couples” who are trying to juggle multiple booked vendors, a venue, lengthy guest lists, and they don’t even know when it will be safe for them to have their wedding again.
That’s just one the reasons I’m so glad to be part of The Wedding Collective – Great Southern.
Right throughout these testing times, we’ve had each other’s support, all working towards the best outcome for our couples who have had to put their dreams on hold.
I have been particularly grateful for the professionalism and sensitivity of our most visible service-provider on a Wedding Day – the Marriage Celebrant.
Choosing a Marriage Celebrant is an incredibly personal choice and will often come down to the “vibe” you want your wedding ceremony to have, and who you feel has the skills and personality to match this.
We’re lucky to have six of the best in The Wedding Collective – Great Southern. Let me introduce you to them:
1. Kate Thomas Celebrant :: I’ve worked alongside Kate for 10 years now and ALWAYS found her warm, friendly manner and professional knowledge comforting at every wedding. I think her background as a nurse has a lot to do with this. You’re always in good hands with Kate! I have especially loved being part of “the wedding five” in the early days of C-19 wedding restrictions – we witnessed some divine elopements I’ll always remember.
2. Sarah Thompson Celebrant :: Sarah’s understated grace and elegance and ability to be very much “behind the scenes” . One of he clients even dubbed her “… the Mick Jagger of celebrants.”
3. Anna Cameron – Celebrant :: Our “down to earth” Anna is a bubble of energy and extremely passionate about what she does. I love the talent she has for weaving the couple’s stories into the ceremony.
4. Kathy Hughes – Just Love and Scribbles :: The “new kid on the block”, I have been fortunate to work with Kathy recently and just adored her subtle warm approach, and her ability to seamlessly adapt to the chaos that a wedding day can bring (ie crazy show-stealing pooches during the nups).
5. Bridget Williams-Stephen : Celebrant :: an enthusiastic, cheerful celebrant who loves to create totally personalised ceremonies. Her couples comment she made them feel like they had have known them forever.
6. Rachael Simpson Civil Celebrant :: Although Rach hasn’t been a Celebrant for long, she has many years of experience in the wedding industry which makes her a joy to work with, as she has ‘the wedding instinct”. She is a ray of sunshine – my couples have fallen in love with her.
So lucky to have so many professional, caring, genuine women.