What I love about Taste Great Southern’s Food and Wine Festival is that it celebrates the local produce and the people behind it.
I was excited to be able to capture this delicious event and catch up with some of the passionate producers and chefs from my region. The Festival showcased the region’s beautiful produce so creatively! These are some of the events that make up the Festival;
- Sat 1st March: Albany Oyster Festival, I’ve got Poh Ling Yeow’s cookbook and would love to watch her cook on stage with Don Hancey and Dan Sharp
- 18 – 22, 25 – 29 March: Mt Barker Graze, regional produce and wine matching.
- 16 March: Food, Wine and Fun at The Lakehouse Denmark. Verity James was so entertaining and engaging at the Taste Great Southern launch so I can only imagine a day with her and guest chef Herb Faust would be fun!
- 18 March: Poaches Plate four course lunch – we were meant to stay at Poaches Ridge one of the nights we in the Great Southern but ran out of time. I would have loved to taste their wine and the seafood at this event.
- 22 March: Three Anchors Crab Boil – Chef Amy Hamilton is cooking up a crab boil with Must Wine Bar’s Russell Blaikie.
- 29 March: Ivy on York – Street Food Fair & Markets.
- 30 March: Three Cooks Lunch at Pepper and Salt. With the high-profile Anna Gare, Sophie Zalokar and Stephanie Alexander, not to mention our very own Silas!